Replacement Sash Windows London | What Are The Different Material Choices?
As you may know, sash windows are a timeless English classic that are still extremely popular in areas such as London. It can get very overwhelming researching the different material options for your new windows.
In general, wood or aluminium clad wood are the best for replacement sash windows as they are the closest to replicating authentic profiling and proportions used in traditional times. The main benefit of uPVC is a cheap price but this often comes at a cost of thicker frames and poor quality.
The different types of sash windows available in the UK include Timber, Aluminium Clad Wood (Aluclad) or uPVC.
Timber Sash Windows: Maintain True Authentic Profiles & Proportions
Authentic Proportioned Narrow Midrail
Timber sliding sash windows are known for their premium features such as luxury profiling, slim frames and classical size proportions. Marvin Architectural’s Traditional Wood Sash Windows feature:
- Custom designs & sizes
- Choose any RAL colour
- Narrow frames, slim mid section and various profiling options
- Double glazing & triple sealing system provides high energy performance
- Traditional weights or a modern spiral spring balance system
- Exterior sash horns (interior sash horns are available too)
- Custom glazing bar patterns and sizes with consistent and equal sightlines for a premium finish
- Engineered wood with virtually invisible joints provides a durable and aesthetically pleasing appearance
To Learn More About Marvin Architectural’s Wood Replacement Sash Windows, Click On The Link Below.
Aluminium Clad Wood Sash Windows: Low Maintenance Blended With Classic Designs & Proportions
Producing a window that is able to integrate the beauty and versatility of wood, with the durability and low maintenance of aluminium in a true authentic traditional design is no simple task. However, Marvin Architectural has developed the perfect window solution for UK homeowners who are seeking both low maintenance, modern thermal performance and a true classical proportioned sash window design.
- Virtually maintenance free aluminium cladding exterior that protects the interior wooden interior from the natural elements
- Traditional detailed ogee profile wooden interior and aluminium exterior that replicates authentic sash window apperance
- Innovative wash mode allows you to clean the exterior of windows with ease
- A continuous weatherstrip gasket is applied around the frame and sash for greater air and water tightness
- The perfect blend of low maintenance, high energy-performance and authentic sash window appearance
Learn More About Marvin’s Aluminium Clad Wood Sliding Sash Windows By Clicking On The Link Below.